Here's a list of things I was thankful for over the Thanksgiving break
- The so-called Blizzard warning that got school canceled
- Elf Yourself
- Being so close to family that we can eat Thanksgiving together
- My sweet grandparents who are perfect for each other
- New little cousins
- ...and old cousins
- Thanksgiving Dinner
- Thanksgiving leftover sandwiches (YUM! I want one now.)
- Pecan pie
- The Apple store
- Seeing old friends
- A car that drives safely in the snow
- Playmill's "White Christmas"
- Warm boots
- The new Taylor swift CD
- The ability to read
And that was just over the break. I am thankful for so many things in my life. Making a list would probably take hours.
While I was in Salt Lake this week, I saw a book that my sister had called "14,000 things to be happy about". The author had started writing little specific things that made her happy in a notebook starting in 6th grade and continued to do it for a long time I am guessing... 14,000 is a lot! It made me start to think more about things that made me happy everyday.
Little things and Big things.
I wish I didn't take things for granted but I do. Every day. Little luxuries like having a warm blanket (or in my case, a Snuggie) next to my bed that I can grab when I get cold. So from now on every time I notice something that makes my day a little bit brighter I am going to write it down and on Sunday I'll make a list of 5 things that made me happy that week.