Saturday, August 2, 2014

baby shower palooza!

Whoa! This summer has just flown by. I hear of women saying pregnancy goes soooo slow but I feel like I just found out yesterday! It has seriously gone by so fast. I can't believe that I am a little over a month away from my due date now! It's all just really surreal to think that this little babe has been growing inside of me for 8 months and that it will eventually pop out to be a baby! haha. I can't wait to meet this lil guy!

As we get everything ready I am getting more and more excited. Which brings me to the point of this post... baby showers!  I could NEVER have even fathomed getting everything ready without the help and support from family and friends. I have been so blessed to have some pretty amazing people in my life who are more than willing to shower this baby with everything he needs and I seriously could not be more grateful. 

I was extremely luck to get four showers this summer & I'll be honest... although the gifts are a pretty big perk, my favorite part of showers is reuniting with some of my favorite people! 

The Peterson gals started my summer off right by throwing me an adorable backyard shower where I got to hang out with all of my college friends! I'm not joking when I say that Meg, Coley and Angie Peterson are the most thoughtful, crafty, talented and sweet human beings to walk the earth.  They even went above and beyond and made baby boy the most adorable quilt.

You know that I had to take an individual shot with everyone so of course I threw together this little Brady Bunch collage of all of us! I just love them all so much, I couldn't just post one!
Madi made it home from her mission just 2 days before this so this was great timing for a shewolf reunion with all the missionaries back!

I couldn't pass up taking a photo with two of my best friends, Jennika and Joni seeing as how it would be the last one before they popped. Now I'm the last one who still has a baby in there and I love this photo and am so glad I have this of all three of us and our bellies!


The next shower was thrown by my sister-in-law Katie, my bff Tay, and their mom Kathy Hen in Idaho. 

Do I need to even describe how great this shower was after seeing those photos? Wedge salad bar, warm homemade bread, lemonade stand, and delicious dessert. My mouth is watering right now just thinking about it! 

I didn't get a photo of everyone together but I did get some with Hailey, Tayler & Grey (look at that face!!!), and some with the girls in the family :)


Last, but most definitely not least, was a shower in Utah with my mom's side of the family thrown by my cousins, the Stewart gals. I don't see this side of the family as much as I'd like to so these showers are super fun because it's just a giant party, and if the Creer side knows how to do anything... it's party!

We had homemade Waffle Love (which I've never had before) and it was sooo good. How have I never had it before? mmmmm!

We actually got one with all the Creer cousins (Grandma Floss is blinking, not sleeping...haha!)

And of course, we got one with the mom and mother-in-law!

Not the best photo of me and Grandma, but I'll take what I can get.

Wait.... did I say last? Because I was lying. YOU GUYS! I work at the best place ever and I even got showered by them! There are five pregnant girls working at the Campus Store right now...yes, I said five! Can you believe that? Taylor and I are both due in September so my boss Carrisa threw us such a fun boy/girl themed shower (Taylor is having a girl). 



I cannot even begin to say how grateful I am for the amazing showers that I was able to have for baby boy! They have been such a blessing as we get ready to welcome this little guy and I have never felt so loved! Thank you to everyone who has been so helpful in giving me advice, necessities and love!



1 comment:

Madi said...

What a lucky lucky baby!! Love you Shelby! You need to blog more:)