Wednesday, August 20, 2014

36 week ultrasound & nesting

About two weeks ago we got to see our little babe's face once more before we meet him for reals and I just can't stop staring at him. His little chubby, squishy cheeks, nose, and face are going to be kissed more than a million times a day. And don't worry, he was still doing his signature hands in front the face (we're lucky we got a face shot). Needless to say, we are already obsessed with this little guy. 

-
-
I am now 38 weeks which means that we could meet our baby boy any day now. I thought that I would leave my job early so I could relax and enjoy the last moments Cam and I will have together before the baby...but the truth is that, ever since I left, I just can't seem to relax. Everything either needs to be cleaned, laundered, sanitized, organized, decorated, etc. And if it doesn't need any of those I find myself going a little insane trying to find something to do. I think that this is that "burst of energy" that they told us about in our lamaze class, haha! I have embodied the definition of nesting. 

Ironically, amidst this burst of energy, I have also been lacking in the sleep department. I have been forcing myself to not take naps during the day and to stay up a little later than my internal clock is telling me to just so that I can get a full nights sleep. If I don't completely wear myself out during the day, you can expect me to be wide awake around about 5:45am which is not ideal to me. Sleepless nights are definitely helping me adjust to the sleepless nights ahead. I, myself, don't believe me when I say that I used to sleep through ANYTHING. I was actually worried about having a baby because I thought I would never wake up for it but nope! Mother Nature has definitely had her way and changed that completely. I dream of the day that I will be able to sleep on my stomach again. Oh, and if I'm not awake going pee for the 5th time, or just uncomfortable, the thoughts of giving birth also tend to keep me awake. I'm slowly coming to terms with it though. This baby's gotta get here somehow, right?

Besides my little complaints here and there and all the hustle and bustle of getting ready for the baby, it has all been so worth it. I feel so lucky with how well this pregnancy has gone and for our healthy baby. He is already the biggest blessing in our lives and I am so ready and so excited at this point.

Let the countdown begin.

No comments: