Friday, October 7, 2011

good surprise/bad surprise

It takes a lot for me to jump out of bed.
I am one heavy sleeper.
But this morning, I woke up to a surprise.
Not really the surprise you want.

Yesterday, it began to snow in Idaho.
Of course winter couldn't wait for fall to let all the leaves fall off the trees before 
it snowed.

Last night, around 2am I pulled into the driveway
to see that a few branches had fallen off of some trees
But NEVER did I expect to wake up to this. 

yep, that is a tree. a pine tree.
mother nature decided that a branch would have been too nice so she sent the whole tree.

Now, back to how heavy of a sleeper I am.
My parents, hearing the ruckus and experiencing a crazy power outage,
–– that I guess made all the lights in the house flash green–– 
woke up around 4 in the morning and got up to check things out and
 lo & behold...


how I slept through this trunk snapping...

i do not know.
I don't think I've ever jumped out of bed quicker than after hearing the words
"a pine tree fell on your car"

but seriously, how does this happen?!!!

That was a bad surprise 



But the good surprise is that she made it :)

1 comment:

SkylerMartinez said...

Oh my! That's intense! Hope your car is alright for the most part!
www.SkylerMartinez.com