Sunday, June 21, 2009

Think Before Clicking



Okay... So i'll admit
that my tween side came out a bit 
when I bought the Jonas Brother's new CD....
As I was listening to it and 
Googling pictures of Nick Jonas, 
I stumbled across a page
announcing that they are going to be on 
tour this summer so of course,  
the first thing I did was call Jenna 
and ask if she wanted to go to the
concert in Nampa, ID.
(this was late, around 1am),
So I decided to order the tickets the next morning.

As Sal is looking over my shoulder as I order the tickets 
with her card, I quickly filled out the forms
and pushed submit.
The order has been processed and I was looking at the 
receipt only to find my worst nightmare



JONAS BROTHERS
IDAHO CENTER, NAMPA, ID

 Purchase: 104 x 8       
       $832
Processing fee: $139                      
TOTAL: $941        
All ticket sales are final.

Of course, I thought this was a complete mistake because....
WHY WOULD I ORDER 8 TICKETS???
when I only needed 2!!!

Meanwhile, Mom is looking over my shoulder confused
asking, why does it say you ordered 8 tickets?


So I hurried to check my e-mail and lo and behold,
my eyes weren't tricking me!

Anyways, I call the ticket people and they aren't able to contact 
the seller at the moment so they tell me to call the next 
morning at 8am.

This is NOT good news.
In the ladylike words of Lindsay Lohan in Meangirls,
"My stomach felt like it was going to fall out of my butt."

All I could do was assume the worst, 
so I tried to think of the only thing possible 
which is of course, SELL!

I present this idea to my mom 
and her reply is 
"No mother is going to buy Jonas Brothers tickets in this economy."

Thanks for the encouragement Mom.



But by the end of the night I had basically 3 tickets
SOLD but ........ what was i going to do with the other 3?
Let's just say, I didn't sleep well that night.

The next morning,  
when I was getting ready, the phone rang.
Shortly after, Sal got on the intercom 
and announced that 
they refunded our money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



The moral of the story is...
Don't let your teenage excitement and haste....
impair your thinking skills 
&
always Think before Clicking.
 
And unless you are planning on being a temporary ticket broker,
check the quantity!


5 comments:

Martha said...

That is terrible! Ah! I would have cried! But good thing it all got worked out! But I couldn't help giggling while reading this...you have such a way with words. You're too funny.
P.S. I go to school with Jenna and found your blog through RJ...so I'm not a creeper, PROMISE.

Katie said...

hahahaha shelby you are cracking me up, please post everyday, your blog is the bomb!

jenna said...

My roommates probably think i am crazy...I am seriously laughing out loud at this post. You have a way with words my dear! 3 more days till JoBRo baby!

Marie said...

Shelby! Haha that is really funny, have fun at the concert with your fam-fam!!!

shelby mae said...

mmmm love them